Saturday, October 04, 2008

Boy do I have vacation on the brain! I'm laying things out and making piles to be placed into suitcases. I made Matt pack last night because it takes him HOURS and he needs to pack the car tonight. Does anyone else's husband pack like a teenage girl? He actually got a bog box to transport his 6 pairs of shoes!!!!! I love that man, but SERIOUSLY!

Since I have vacation on my mind, I thought I 'd quick blog about my top 4 favorite vacations ever. Here we go! These are in no certain order...

1. When I was 16, my mom, dad, three siblings, my grandparents and I all stuffed into a large white station wagon and drove to Atlanta Georgia to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. They had one of those station wagons with the seat way in the back that faced backwards. We were CRAMPED. But some of my best memories came from that drive. After Thanksgiving, just my immediate family continued on to Florida where we met my other grandparents and did the Orlando thing. Best part? Sea World....got to touch and see a real live manatee. Best moment ever.

2. Our "two week" vacation as us McGlynn kids still call it. We drove to Pennsylvania and went to Gettysburg...so cool. Then on to Philadelphia and Washington DC. It was a great trip filled with good memories...my dad driving through the streets of Philly yelling out the window "I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE!!" I'm shocked we didn't get shot at.

3. Matt and I drove to New York to see my family there. On the way through we stopped at Niagara Falls. I've been there so much and yet it is always breath taking. And watching my kids and my husband discover it for the first time. Best moment...going on the Maid of the Mist which is a boat ride that takes you to the base of the falls. We got soaked but the kids LOVED it!

4. Spring break last year we headed to Indianapolis. What a cool city!! The zoo was wonderful. The kids getting to see a dolphin show for the first time was priceless. They also have the largest children's museum in the country there. It was out of this world. We could have spent all three days there!!! Best moment - the dolphin show is starting and the lights dim....they let the dolphins swim out into the main tank. Everyone is very quiet and then all of my kids are on their feet screaming.."DOLPHINS!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! WOOOOOO!" Priceless.

5. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of another one...but ti's probably the trip we are about to take. The kids are so excited. We get to see mountains, the ocean, and let's not forget the cousins. Molli is already making plans for her and Morgan (we call the two of the Thelma and Louise) My brother has arranged for Matt and Jonah to tour the Special Weapons facility. I did warn my brother that Jonah is going to be a veterinarian so he must not sway him :)

I'm sure I'll be posting while we are there, but now I must really get moving!!

No comments: