Friday, October 31, 2008

moving on

Time for a new post...hmmm, let's see...

Well today is Halloween and boy are my kids excited! We went last night and did a little pre-trick or treating at my Aunt's work. It was great fun, aside from Thomas who was terrified of everything in costume. Oh brother. I'll post pics tonight of the kids in their costumes. Another interesting situation with my 7 year old daughter. She really didn't have a costume and I suggested a costume to her that was original and fun. We cut a hole in the bottom of a tall laundry basket and put it over her and filled it with clothes, leaving a space for her to see out. She was a laundry basket! So cute. Well then, she balked at the idea, crying that people would make fun of her. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??! Apparently, all of the girls in her class were either fairies, princesses or Hannah Montana. GAG ME! What happened to creativity and originality???? Now don't get me wrong, I did purchase off the rack costumes this year..well just one as Emma HAD to be Belle. But, why on earth can't homemade costumes be okay? And why does my beautiful girl always bend to the popular vote???? Ugh.

We had our first parent/teacher conference of the year at Jonah's school. I was fairly nervous about it as I had a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't doing well at school at all. HE MADE THE HONOR ROLL!!! All A's and B's!!!! I was so pleased. Two more to go next week.

This coming week is my parent's annual trip to Saugatuck which means Noah will be here for the week. We are all pretty excited about our house guest. There will be Wii tournaments abounding.

And my biggest news of all is..........Matt and I are going on a cruise!!!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited. We never had a honeymoon and have never been away anywhere together. We celebrated 10 years this year and really didn't do much. But I felt that celebrating 10 years of being married needed a true celebration! We are going in March which feels like decades away, but every minute will be worth it.

Well the sun is out and my laundry is calling, thanks for tuning into the Kurtz weekly update!

4 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

Yeah for the cruise!! That's so exciting! March will be here before you know it! Where's it at?

Misty said...

So awesome! good job! That's wonderful...
I am so sick of the Hannah Montanaish trendy costumes. As I've broken the news to genny on numerous occasions: you don't really look like hannah stupid montana. It's a rip off... ugh.

Unknown said...

You will have so much fun on the cruise!! Just rememeber to take strechy pants :)

Yea for the honor roll -- our P/T conf are next week. I am a little nervous :)

Becky Rozema said...

It is time for a honeymoon! So excited for you!