Friday, February 24, 2006

Sorry for the absence everyone. My life is just a blur of nothingness right now. I sound like such a whiner I know, but I am just wrung out. That is exactly how I feel, like a wrung out dishrag. My limbs have no strength whatsoever. Everyone in my house (except me, thank goodness) had strep this week. That has not helped my energy levels. The desire to blog has gone right out the window with everything else. Sad, sad days....

I had my first official OB appointment on Wednesday. Like my doc, very straightforward. She said everything looks good, I'm measuring a little bigger than 9 weeks so I get to have an ultrasound on Tuesday!! Yee haw! And if I'm further along, awesome! Some days it just doesn't feel real yet. I'm starting to feel bloated all the time and have made the move to stretchy pants which is very depressing. Folding my "cool" jeans and putting them away is very sad. Why don't they make "mid" maternity clothes?? I'm not showing enough for my regular maternity clothes but I'm too big for my regular clothes!!! AAHHH!! There's the rub I suppose. I'm on the lookout for cool, comfortable clothes for this summer when I am the size of Kentucky. I've never been pregnant in the summer before so this will be fun!

What else to share...Ah yes. Tuesday was a no good, horrible, very bad day. I was so dizzy all day. The kids were all home from school sick. I finally decided when Syd went down for a nap that Molli, Emma and I were going to lay down as well. Jonah was lying on the couch so we were all set. Well Molli and I fell asleep. I awoke about an hour later to Emma standing next to the bed. "Mommy," she said excitedly. "I cut my hair!" Knowing that her bangs were finally growing back after she hacked them, I sat up straight. Her bangs looked intact. I rubbed my sleepy eyes. It was then I noticed she had hacked the back! So my gorgeous girl has short hair. Now, thanks be to God that we did not have to shave it as we did with her older sister. But her beautiful curls are gone, hopefully they will regrow! Here's a before and after...









Before






After






So she'll live. She actually likes it. When I asked her why, she would do such a thing, she replies, "Cuz I wanted to!" "but Mommy," she continued. "I can't get married now because you have to have long hair to get married!" Ah well, no wedding this month!

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

oh what a beautiful haircut...heehee...mine use to give the cat haircuts..

well i hope everything goes well with the ultrasound...very exciting;)

hey, can you change my name on your list..i am in hiding you know..haha..those pesky family memebres.

Mandi said...

Name changed, sorry, I meant to put something different on there..just forgot. Curse my forgetful pregnant brain!

eyes_only4him said...

thank you sweetness:)

i know all about short term memory loss..nbot becuase im pregant though..haha

Melis said...

How exciting on the ultrasound.. I will be expecting pics! (just love those darn 'ol things!) LOL

And what is it with lil ones, sissors, and their hair?! GEESH! Well, like you said, at least you didn't have to shave her bald! :)

Misty said...

i like the new background... and the hair cut... adorable....

hang in there.... excited to hear about the US...

Felecia said...

While it's sad to loose curls (yes, even my boys had curls once) that child is as cute as a bug's ear!

I'm so sorry to hear life's been dealing out more issues than energy for you. Do me a favor and ask your doctor's office about taking a B-6 vitamin; (Andy called them my "happy pills" during my last pregnancy); they help metabolize food into energy and are often given to women who experience bad PMS (though I don't know why). I took half of one in the am and the other around dinner or so.

Worth a shot, eh?