Sunday, February 19, 2006

What a weekend.....Whew! I am so tired..... :)

Friday night we let Jonah invite a friend and we all went to Chuck E. Cheese's. Now, I have not been to such an establishment since my 5th birthday. I really had no idea that they still existed! Off we went..It was pretty fun. Tons of people there and Sydney really didn't understand what it was all about, but I think everyone had fun. Jonah had a friend spend the night as Saturday was his birthday. We headed to mom's for the traditional family party. It was fun. Jonah got his long awaited roller blades and promptly put them on and went blading in Grandma's basement. Noah is doing well, thanks to those of you who've asked. He was smiling and laughing yesterday which was good to see. All in all it was good 7th birthday(scroll down for pics!!) Seven years....man, my baby boy is 7......Unbelievable.

I got an e-mail today from my long lost friend. For those of you who didn't catch this in my comments, my first best friend ever, found my blog. I was so shocked. I haven't spoken to or heard from her since we moved from South Lyon in 1991. We were best friends in third and fourth grades. I was also in love with her older brother Geoff (all her friends were!) So many memories. I am again thankful for the Internet which serves many a good purpose, including reuniting old friends. Come to find out, SHE'S A BELIEVER!!! How awesome is that, to not only find and old friend but to discover that she is a sister in Christ. So cool. I am enjoying getting to know her again.

At our church we have been called to fast from March 1st till Easter which is basically the Lent season. Since I cannot fast from food (Although it might assist in my weight loss, the baby would not enjoy it, I'm thinking) I feel as though the Lord is asking me to fast from my computer. NNOOOOO!!!! I've asked for a sign, the computer exploding for example. But if this is truly what He's asking of me, I will obey. That would mean no blogging for a month.......oh boy.

Well on to dishes....make sure you check out the pics below!

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

love the pics...

well fasting from food for a month would mean you die..haha

maybe fast fromspeeding or maybe sleeping in..not blogging..for pete's sake..

email me raspberryberet3@yahoo so i can give you my password..well if you want to stop by that is;)

Misty said...

I think God may be calling you to do so... not because i think you need to, but because years ago i was convicted to give up things i rely on but don't need, every lent season... it has been amazing in my life. two years ago my husband started doing it as well... phenominal really...

Mindy said...

If you fast from your computer I will write you a paper letter. You're a brave soul Mandi!

Felecia said...

Chuck-E-Cheese; the boys and I were there for a birthday party a few weeks ago and WOW. They left with a sugar high and I left with an ulcer (the little one fled from me all night long!) I'm so glad Jonah had a good birthday; 7 is a real milestone for us parents, isn't it?

I say go with the blog fast (though I will miss you) When you're called to do something, it becomes all too obvious when ignored. You don't need a computer breakdown in your life right now!

eyes_only4him said...

where are you hiding?...

Mandi, Mandi..where are you?..

and yes..ace rocks;)

Melis said...

Fantastic pics girly!! Love 'em! And ahhh... Lent! Every year since as far back as I can remember I've always dreaded the "L" word... that is, until it was done! At that point I always had a sense of a "new self" and accomplishment! G'luck with whatever you decide for the lenten season!