Friday, January 06, 2006

yeah I know....

Yes, another new template. What can I say? I like things to change :) Actually this one is a tribute to my new love of coffee. Oh, I've always liked coffee. I'd have a cup now and then. And I adore cappucino. But lately I've actually been using my coffee maker. I'm hooked :) So there you have it.....

Nothing much new here, I'm afraid. The children have returned to school much to the relief of their mother. Monday and Tuesday were rough as they realized how sick they were of each other. Plus they crave structure and routine which you just don't have on vacation. Molli was so excited to go back, Jonah not so much :)

I'm busily planning our vacation. We didn't think Matt was going to get any time this summer, but it worked out that he does!!! So we are headed to New York, mostly for the big family reunion/party. This year my dad turns 50 and my grandpa turns 75, so we're having a big shindig. But as Matt gets a WHOLE week, we are leaving early and hitting several places along the way. We're going to start at Niagara Falls. I've been there tons of times, but Matt hasn't and the kids either, obviously. Then we are off to Darien Lake, which is a Six Flags park. Since neither Matt or I do roller coasters, we'll be fine! Then we're going to hit a few other places, mostly state parks with tremendous trails and waterfalls. I think we will also visit the Corning Glass factory as well. Then we'll end the week at my grandparents house, swimming and having a party. It's so much fun!! Matt has never had a job with vacation time before, awesome!

Well time to start the day.....

P.S. Is my font big enough to read or should I make it bigger???

9 comments:

Misty said...

how fun! i love that part of new york... Darien lake is amazing... too fun and it sounds like a GREAT vacation!

Mandi said...

Me too, that's where we always went..can't wait to share it with my kids!

eyes_only4him said...

i love the new look..

your font is just right;)

I love planning vactions..we may be going to florida this year or vegas..( for a wedding, not to take the kids casnio jumping..haha)

Felecia said...

New love for coffee, eh? Reminds me of Will Ferrell's character in the movie Kicking and Screaming; (he is pretty anti-coffee until Mike Dikta gets him hooked. Pretty soon this mellow character is just as hot-headed as Dikta) But I agree with you, there's nothing quite like a nice frothy cup of jo on a cold winter day. Mmmm...

Sorry, was I typing?

Your vacation sounds just wonderful! When I think of "family road trips" I tend to think of Eastern travel whereas my husband thinks west. (Yellowstone v. Niagara) We'll see!

Mandi said...

Christina- Never really wanted to go to Vegas, maybe someday!

Felecia - That movie was funny! My husband's family never really went on family vacations so he's really new to all this....makes it that much more fun!!!

eyes_only4him said...

well vegas isnt on top on my list either..but its for a wedding:)

Mandi said...

Joce - Wow! Greece is way more fun than Niagara Falls :)

Christina - Who gets married in Vegas...other than Brittany Spears?????

Melis said...

How exciting planning a vacation! I'm hoping that this will be the year that I'm reintroduced to those! I'm really hoping so for the kids.. they really deserve something fun and exciting to talk about going back to school!

eyes_only4him said...

HAHA...my dad...his girlfriend doesnt want to spend the 15,000 on a wedding, she would rather a small wedding on the beach in Florida or in Vegas and use the rest of the money for a rocking honeymoon and to remodle the house..

cant say i blame her;)

and Lord knows I need a vaction;-)