Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thanks for all the response to my last post. It seems, mostly, that we all came to the same conclusion.

So how many of you made resolutions? I can't really say I made them, but there were some things that I committed to doing this year. So far so good. One of the big things for me was committing to having a quiet time every day. With four children under the age of 7, finding a quiet time is an adventure. I really hate getting up in the morning, so I felt the Lord challenging me to get up early and spend time with Him. So I set the alarm (and the coffee maker!) for 6 AM. I overheard someone this weekend who said, "How can I say I'd die for the Lord when I am not even willing to get up early to spend some time with Him?" That is exactly where I was. It has been so awesome, being in the quiet of the morning and sitting at His feet. I've just started another Beth Moore study that is just knocking my socks off. What an awesome God we serve!!

Another commitment was to fitness, gag..... Back to exercising 3 times a week. But more than that, not drinking pop (my favorite thing ever) and drinking lots of water. Also watching what I eat and not eating junk all the time. I've been doing fairly well on this one as well. Hopefully I can keep it up!

Well time to get the kids off to school.....Thus begins another day!

7 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

I dont make reslutions just "goals" makes it easier..haha

what? you get no quiet time with 4 kids..I dont understand why:)

I like having my quiet time at night..thats my me time..I have to get up at 6 am everyday to get stuff ready for the day, usaully it wakes the little one up..so no time alone..

way to go on working out..3 days a week is better than no days week..keep it up..

kelli said...

Anthony and I made a couple of "resolutions" although I loathe the term.

We are trying to pay off last years business taxes and school loans. Also, I am excercising. I have been getting up at 5:45a to go to the gym.

I think the key to doing it successfully is to keep plugging away. I will sometimes quit just because I failed once. I should just pick myself up and start over again.

Felecia said...

Getting organized - that's mine. In some strange way, I figure it will help our entire household if I can keep hats and scarves in one bin, and mittens and gloves in another. But seriously, my husband is a reincarted absent-minded professor who will search for his keys for days before realizing they're in his left hand. We need organization to feel calm so that's mine! As a mother of 4, I welcome any hints you might have!!

Mandi said...

Christina - the kids all go to bed early 7:30 so I do have quiet in the evenings. I just felt the need to start out the day that way :)

Kelli- 5:45, to exercise?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? I wouldn't go that far. But you're right about sticking with it. Whenever I miss a few days, I feel rotten!

Felecia - Absolutely no advice....I am the queen of disorganization. Are you sure you're related to Mindy?? :)

Felecia said...

We share the same genetic *obsession* with organization but I think she acts on it more!!

Mandi said...

He he

Melis said...

I only made one resolution this year... Not to make any! LMAO There are some things that I'd like to see change within myself, but I don't want to make a list of things.. cuz then when I don't do it one day, I'll just get pissy and quit altogether, and that's not what I want.. so far so good for me! :)