Thursday, January 19, 2006

Now I've done it... What was I thinking??!!! See we always go to my mom's house for dinner or games. Sometimes we go to Grandma's or Aunt Carol's.....So I decided that it was high time that everyone came here. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!? First, I thought I would just ask my mom, dad and Noah. Well then I thought, it would be nice to have Grandma and Grandpa over too. Well might was well have Aunt Carol too.....Then my mom calls and our friend Lisa is coming up for the weekend. That would make the grand total 13.....13!?!?!?!?!!??!?Oh boy. Suffice to say I am going to be cleaning my brains out for the next few days!!! Not to mention cooking. But it's going to be great, I love being surrounded by family and they won't get much closer than this :) I'll take a pic of my table and clean house before everyone arrives. I'd take a shot now, but I would be too horrified for you all to see that (LOL Mindy!!!)

I'm doing a Beth Moore bible study right now and it is knocking my socks off. It's the one on the tabernacle. Searching the old testament it is AMAZING to see all the correlations to Christ. One thing that really blew my mind, well two things. The first one was about Adam and Eve. Now, I've read the creation story a half a million times. But she drew a point that I had NEVER thought about. After Adam and Eve sinned, they were kicked out of the garden. They had sewn garments from fig leaves, but God decided to COVER the shame they felt from their sin with animal skins. Again, nothing new. Until I realized that God had to KILL an animal to get the skin. Blood had to be shed to cover their sin!!!! Awesome. The other revelation to me was the story of Abraham and Isaac. God provided a ram. The ram was caught in the bushes by his horns. Again, I knew this story inside and out, or so I thought. Bushes where Abraham was were almost completely thorns and the ram was tangled in them by his horns. Jesus is called in Scripture the "horn of our salvation". So this ram's horns were wrapped in thorns. The imagery is just incredible.

Ok enough procrastinating! House to clean :)

8 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

wow, 13 people...u have my blessing:)

Sounds like a good Bible study...I would like to get into something like that at sometime..sounds really cool.

Misty said...

oh i knew you deserved hero status for raising for kids, but for willingly having 13 people to your house AND cooking for them... mandi, you are amazing. hats off to you, my friend...

Felecia said...

Mandy, you will do great! I don't know you other than our little blog chats but from what I can gather, you will make a very charming and gracious hostess - and when that is accomplished, people will not notice the dust, but rather the wonderful time they're having. What are you making for dinner? Let me know if you need any suggestions as I myself have gotten into similar stickly situations!

Also - thanks for sharing the points made at your study. I love trivia and find myself more interested in reading the bible if I can dig that stuff up.

Mandi said...

Christina - It is an awesome study and I am so blessed by it!

Misty - It's jsut family so no real pressure but I would like it to go well. And for the last time, I am not a hero, I prefer SuperMom :)

Felecia- I'm making Swiss Chicken, Fried Broccoli, Salad and fresh bread and Heavenly Lemon Angel cake for dessert. Think that sounds ok???

Felecia said...

Wow! Sounds like you've got everything covered! I would like to know more about this Swiss Chicken... sounds tasty!

Mandi said...

Felecia- It's boneless skinless chicken breasts that you dip in butter. Then you place them in a 9x13 pan. Then you place individual sliced pieces of swiss cheese on the chicken. Then you take can of cream of chicken soup and mix it with a half a can of milk. Pour that over the chicken. Prepare a box of Chicken Stove top stuffing and place on the top. THen bake for an hour. So simple and SOOO yummy!

Felecia said...

That sounds so good! I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken... this sounds wonderful. Have a great dinner party!

Misty said...

today on cable there was a movie called "thirteen for dinner" and though, i didn't watch it, it did place you on my mind for the rest of the day... hope it went well!