Saturday, October 09, 2010

What a gorgeous day! 80 degrees in October! It made watching a football game a tad warm, but who can complain?? I think I may have even gotten a sunburn! WOOHOO!!

Today was Jonah's next to last football game of the season. I was searching for a "Play" theme for the day when I realized I was sitting watching one! Jonah has really come alive as a player this year. I think the new coach has helped a TON! Jonah's skills have improved and he seems much more engaged in the game. His attitude has matured as well, not getting so upset when they lose, etc. I love watching him play. I will admit that I still cringe when I hear their bodies colliding on the field. That sound of crunching helmets and pads worry me a bit, but I feel such pride watching him. What an awesome young man he is turning into.

We also "played" today at my parent's house. We helped Dad close up the pool for winter. Sad day. Means summer is really over. And, of course, you cannot close the pool without a final jump in. So my crazy husband and 4 big kids plus my dad and brother took the final plunge of the season with the water a crazy 59 degrees! It was a fast jump!!! With that, we said good night to the pool. We'll miss it.

A full day of play today with the Kurtzs :)

No comments: