Thursday, October 07, 2010

What a day! I had to take my Thomas man to get his four year old shots. I was a little worried given his past behavior at the doctors (ie, refusing to get on the scale, not letting the doctor touch him, etc.). We made a quick stop at Walgreens on the way and I let him pick out a drink and a candy (hey, I'm not above bribing!) and told him that if he was really brave at the doctor, he could have them. Well, he did amazing. He was so good and did all the required things. He even did great during his shots...it was great. As great as watching them stick needles into one of your babies can be :)

Thursdays are my most favorite days of the week. Some people like Fridays, but Thursdays are my most favorite. I know you are curious now :) Thursdays are when I have ladies night. I get to escape as soon as Molli is done with Girl Choir and head to my girlfriend Rhonda's house. There are 5 of us that get together every week and watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. It's not so much about the shows as it is hanging out and being together. It's my night to reconnect and feel like something other than a mom. I look forward to it every week and count down the hours. So my PLAY for the day is my ladies night adult play time!!!

1 comment:

Tink said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Your children are adorable! I'll be back to read more, most definitely.

And great job to Thomas...shots are tough. Even at 30 I cringe like crazy.