Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Man, I love this weather. It feels like it's been a long time since I've been able to send the kids to school in sweatshirts and flip flops. I've missed being able to play outside and have bonfires and ride bikes. Speaking of bike riding, I must brag on my Sydney girl. We really don't have anywhere to ride bikes at our house, no sidewalks, etc. Although, the bigger kids have made bike trails around the house, but it wasn't a good place to teach Syd to ride without her training wheels. So we hauled the bikes to a local park. Within a half an hour, she was off and riding!! Not only that, but Sunday she was so determined to ride on her own that she taught herself to get her bike going on her own! I'm so hugely proud of her. We took a very long bike ride yesterday and she was a pro..I am so glad to be done with training wheels!!

In other fantastic Kurtz news, Thomas is potty training!! He has gone two whole days with no accidents, even during naps! He woke up this morning with a dry diaper and asking to go to the bathroom. He even runs in from outside to go pee! I am so thrilled!! Just in time for Mother's Day, I couldn't think of a better gift!!

Today is also Cinco de Mayo. We are not Hispanic, too Irish for that :) But nevertheless, we are having a Cinco deMayo dinner celebration today! I am making chicken empandas and we're drinking Spanish soda. I can't believe how excited the kids are!

I've begun laying the groundwork for our summer plans. Matt doesn't get any vacation time in the summer so we have to plan things that are close by or that we can do on a Wednesday or Sunday. So far, we are going camping (we can do that because the campground is right near Matt's work so he can go to work from there), headed to Michigan Adventure, Craig's Cruisers, and a ton of fun stuff when my brother and his family are here for a few weeks in July. Can't wait!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my Potty Training as a mothers day present. It really doesn't get better than that!!

I think we are staying near home for our summer vacation too. There is lots around us that we have never done before so the kids are somewhat excited :)