Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Neighbors,
We've never been properly introduced. My name is Mandi and I live here with my gorgeous husband and 5 pretty adorable children. I've noticed you watching our home quite a bit so I thought I would give you names to go with faces.

Jonah is the oldest child, the one who is generally bellowing at his siblings because he simply doesn't have any other tone of voice. I know his hair is a bit much, but I am trying to let him express himself that way.

Molli is next with the long brown hair. She is the one who is bossing everyone around and always the leader. She has a very high pitched scream which I am certain you've been privileged enough to hear.

Then comes Emma, she has shorter dirty blond hair and is the fairly quiet one. She is typically found riding her bike quietly in circles around the house or talking to herself. Don't get me wrong, she can scream with the best of them...but you know that.

Sydney is the thin blond one. She is usually pestering someone, chasing Thomas, or running inside continuously to tattle on her siblings. She has a need to be included which generally leads to sibling fighting. You've witnessed that I am sure.

Thomas is my little guy. He adores being outside and is at very opportunity, sometimes without his mother's knowledge. But you know that as well as you came over last year to inform me that he was outside unattended. Remember how you threatened to call the police if you saw him out alone again? Good times.

I know you are frustrated with the way our yard is kept, or not kept I should say. I understand that you are available all day, every day to pick up every leaf or stick in your big yard. I sure wish I had that kind of time. I know when we have campfires or when we burn leaves, you are very nervous as we appear young and stupid. But my husband was a boy scout which you probably didn't know, so it's ok. I've also noticed you staring at our home at various times when you think you are unseen on your porch. I would stare too, this is a great house and a fabulous family! Who wouldn't want to spend hours watching the drama that is our life?? But if you are that curious, I'd be happy to sit down and have coffee with you both and give you our life stories. All you have to do is ask. :) I understand you might be a bit embarrassed as you did see me half naked last year when a certain spider crawled up my leg, but I assure you, it's fine. I'm a little crazy...but my guess is, you knew that too.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let you know that we watch you too :)

Love,
Your noisy, crazy, messy neighbors

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um did you really post this at 4:56am? Cuz if you did you need to go to BED!!!

We have some neighbors from our last house that were probably happy to see us go. Only because we too didn't spend 14 hours a week on our yard. Seriously if only I had that much time!!