Monday, May 05, 2008

Today I decided to further my relationship with my neighbors. You remember, the ones who hate us and are waiting to call the police? Yes, those neighbors....here's what happened.

Our dryer is currently broken so I knew today was going to be nice and sunny and knew I needed to get as many loads hung up on the line as possible. As I was out this afternoon doing said task, I felt a bite on my leg. Thinking it was simply a mosquito I swiped my leg as I looked down briefly. I saw the spider as it darted up my leg and into my capris. Now, I'm panicking. I felt it bite my leg again and pure panic settled over me. I started screaming hysterically and ripping my pants off. My underwear came off as well in my haste to rid myself of the spider in my capris. I darted for the house, breifly glancing up. There was my neighbor, standing watering his flowers and looking at me in pure disbelief. I was mortified. I came inside and sat down, recalling the last few moments. I was wearing a fairly long tshirt of Matt's so it's possible that he didn't see anything. However, I was running so who knows what he got a glipmse of. I almost started to cry, wondering what in the world he must think of what just happened. Then, I began to laugh and I laughed until I almost threw up. I called Matt and after his brief mortification that the neighbor saw my goods, he laughed too. After all, I am dedicated to doing whatever it takes to mend fences with the neighbors :)

5 comments:

Amy M. said...

ok totally sorry for the spider bite but THAT IS SO HILARIUOS!!! I am just dying laughing thinking of what it must have been like!! And the fact that it was that neighbor is just priceless. Mandi I swear sometimes that we are related...things like this happen to me all the time! You so rock.

Mrs. Hawk said...

Sorry about the spider.

Laughing out loud about the experience!! Ha ha. Maybe those neighbors will be nice to you now after all :)

True_Floridian Momma said...

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

so glad to hear you are mending those fences,,,LOL, oh my goodness I am dying here!!!

well if nothing else and the old guy doesn't die from a heart attack, you know you secretly made his day

kelli said...

Oh my gosh, Mandi. That is pretty much the funniest story I've heard in a long time. Unless you're not ready to laugh about it yet, in which case, I'm so sorry.

Imagine the conversation he'll be having with his wife over dinner tonight!

Mandi said...

You guys are hilarious and I am so over it, I was over it 10 minutes after it happened! I was saving myself from the spider, the fact that I was stripping for the neighbor was icing on the cake!