Thursday, April 24, 2008

We've survived the last few days. Thomas has only managed to escape once, but was quickly discovered. I've decided to be extra nice to the neighbors, waving and smiling and calling out hello every time I catch them watching our house. They don't like it much, but too bad for them!

I have another dilemma that I desperately need some feedback on. I am absolutely stumped as to what to do. It's about my Molli. My beautiful, funny, smart, brave Molli. As the weather has gotten warmer, we've broken out the summer clothes. The girls were SO excited to see the shorts and skirts and tank tops. That is until the first time they could wear the clothes to school. All of a sudden, Molli was unwilling to wear shorts or a skirt unless it was very long. She opted twice to wear pants when it was 75 degrees out. Now, my mom's intuition is kicking in, knowing how she'd fly up the driveway after school and rush into shorts. Something was up. Well, after several morning of fighting with her and her crying about wearing shorts, the truth comes out. A boy in her class thinks her legs are fat. WHAT?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! My brave Molli girl will not wear shorts to school because of ONE stupid boy!!!!! And no matter what I tell her, she will not hear me. She continues to be shaped by this boy's opinion of her.So what do I do?? How do I get her to understand that she is BEAUTIFUL and that she shouldn't care what other people think. And this is a concept that I think women especially deal with all the time. So, women in blogger world....HELP!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Bless her heart...
I have no wisdom for you, other than what you've done. Did you ask her what would help her feel better?

Karin said...

Mandi I don't know what will help Molli but I think you need to go talk to her teacher. This is early signs of bullying and the boy needs to be addressed. Even if Molli was fat and she is not it is not ok for a boy to tease her or any other girl for it. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and I know how hurtful this kind of teasing can be you don't want it to be allowed to fester.