Tuesday, April 01, 2008




Two years ago today, we lost this man, my grandfather. He was so many things. I wish that I had written down every memorable thing that he said to me. It hardly seems possible that it has been two years. I look at Thomas, my Thomas Michael, named for this strong,funny, loving man who blessed my life for 27 years. He would have loved to see Thomas at this age. And to rub it in my father's face that we had chosen his name instead of my dad's. It's true that grief eases with time. But there are moments, and today is a good example. Times when that grief feels so raw and new,even though it's been two years. How I wish he could have seen Thomas....seen Jonah's long hair and complain about it, seen Molli reading like a 5th grader, heard Emma and her silly sayings, seen Sydney grow and go to school....so many wishes. And yet I know that he is with our Savior, free of the pain and the compications. That's why, even today, I can grieve with hope...because we will meet again. I love you Grandpa.




3 comments:

Misty said...

Hugs to you, my friend. Those anniversary dates are so tough. And it's amazing to me how, sometimes it feels like forever ago and then a realization hits and that loss feels like yesterday!

True_Floridian Momma said...

This brought tears to my eyes...it's so hard, even after any length of time, to not see a beloved grandparent.....beautiful words

Mrs. Hawk said...

Wow, Mandi - I can't believe that it's been 2 years either. Thinking about you today!