Friday, March 28, 2008

It's taken me almost a week to catch my breath, reflect, wipe away tears, and remember how wonderful the last week was with everyone here. So many memories, laughter, tears...it was blessed. It was so great to see the cousins reunite. Molli and Morgan, our fearsome twosome...Jonah and Myca, boys bent on wrestling and sword fighting...Mackenzi and her faithful shadow Sydney....and Emma and her buddy Markus, each doing their own thing! It was truly beautiful to see. I had such flashbacks as I mounted the stairs (NUMEROUS times) to tell the girls it was not time for giggling but time for sleeping...of many many summers ago with my own cousins and my own mother yelling the same words. It brought such a smile to my face. Sitting around the dining room table with ALL of my siblings, each of us so very different and yet so much the same...it was remarkable. My brother Tigger has changed much. I don't think you can face death the way he has and remain unchanged. And yet, he seems changed for the better. He seems to exude love and connection. He sought me out many times just to talk or to hug. But it was THIS moment that really brought tears to my eyes.....






This is huge mass of people is MY family. Some of the faces are new, the new babies and the brother and sister in law we've added....but this is us. Even now, looking back at the picture and remembering the chaos of trying to get all 23 of us to stand still and look at the camera, just makes me laugh. For better or worse, we are stuck with each other. And I, for one, am so very glad.

2 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

sounds just like the Waltons :)

how awesome to have some a great family that you are close to....

kelli said...

You know Mandi, so many people don't have that kind of love and appreciation for their families the way you do. What a blessing you have!