Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just a quick post to let y'all know that I'll be absent for a few days as my brother and his family are here. This is my brother that is in the Army and was in Iraq for the last 18 months. We haven't seen him or his family in 3 years as they were stationed in Alaska. He has five children as well and they are all almost the same ages as ours. So the cousins are rediscovering each other and having a total balst. I'm clicking pictures like crazy since who knows how long it'll be before we are all together again. Last night, my mom looked around the table as we were finishing dinner and got kind of choked up as she said, "My WHOLE family is around this table right now." It was great.

So the Waltons are reunited and today we are going bowling. Imagine 11 grownups, and 11 children invading the bowling alley....lol. Gotta love family.

3 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

How fun!!

Enjoy your family....can't wait to hear your updates :)

kelli said...

Mandi, I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your time!

Misty said...

I remember when he went to Iraq. That was three years ago? I am floored!
So glad they are home for a bit! Have an amazing time!