Monday, April 27, 2009

Oh the rain..I love spring rain. I cannot believe how green everything is!!! Spring truly is a wonderful time!! We had some fantastic weather this weekend, I was complaining of being too hot!! And how did the Kurtz's stay cool??

Well my dad opened their pool on Easter weekend and when Molli came in and reported that the water was 60 degrees, my brother and dad bolted for the pool. We all followed, anxious to see Josh freeze his booty off by jumping in. However, the first one in the pool was SYDNEY!! She stripped off her dress and jumped right in!!! All of my kids, except Thomas, followed suit. And they did not merely jump in and jump out. No, they were SWIMMING!! Getting out and jumping in over and over. We finally had to pull the plug as I am sure hypothermia was not far behind! They had so much fun and I think they are all NUTS! But the McGlynn pool is officially open for the season!

Today I took Sydney to register her for kindergarten. There were many emotions to be had as I watched her doing her testing, all the while turning back to me and waving. Where did the last five years go? She has really matured this year. I'm so proud of her. So, in the fall, I will have four children in school full time. Wow. Whatever will I do???? Take lots of naps :) Or, as Matt says, our house will be really clean. Yeah right.

1 comment:

Misty said...

i would swim in a 60 degree pool. :)