Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today the sun came out. And man, did it change my blahs!! I felt so great!

Yesterday was my Emm'a's 7th birthday. I can hardly believe that she is that old. She is such a beautiful, funny girl and I am blessed to have been her mom these last 7 years! We had a great family party last night and I made a cake! I can't remember the last time I made a birthday cake! But it was yummy and we had a good time. She received another Webkinz which she was tickled about and her very own iPod shuffle. Pics to come! Now the countdown is on for her friend party which is Saturday. A house full of giggling 7 year old girls...oh boy!

Saturday is also Jonah's last boychoir concert. I love seeing him get all dressed up and singing. It's so awesome. It sounds like he will not be continuing with boychoir next year, but it's been a great experience for him.

Next week begins hard core potty training. I am ready to be done with diapers, something we haven't been without in 10 years :) I'm loading up the M&M jar and preparing the carpet cleaner for "oops". Anyone who has potty trained a boy recently, suggestions are welcome! I haven't had to potty train a boy in 8 years and I've forgotten, lol!

I've also joined the Twitter community, not sure why, but it seems cool. I do enjoy knowing what's going on in people's lives and this just makes that a little simpler. So if you are a Twitter-er, follow me and let me know so I can follow you as well!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your spririts are up!! A good sunshiney day will do that :) Good luck with the party, I jsut did a 7 year old girl party too. I survived and my daughter had a good time, I call that a success. :)

therambler said...

we did m&m's and a potty chart, which when filled yielded prizes. also, teaching nathan to pee standing up was much easier than sitting on the little potty. get some cool big boy underwear. be ready for spray mishaps. their aim is terrible, even whilst sitting!