Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 1 of summer break started VERY early....I was WIDE awake at 10 minutes to 6...I looked toward heaven and asked God why on EARTH I was awake? He just smiled. The kids bounded out of bed at 6:30, no sleeping in the first day or anything. They were excited to explore and play and head to the playground for a picnic. Till we took a look at the very gray sky and the very wet ground. It appeared our first day would be an indoor one. It actually went very well. The kids were forced encouraged to help with some cleaning around the house which was very nice. I'm starting to work on summer chore lists.....that will go over REALLY well :)

Our van continues to be glorious. We all went and picked up Noah for a sleepover tonight and we ALL FIT!! Legally! In seat belts!! God is GOOD!!!

We are still trying to plan out our summer so as to make the most of it. I really want this to be a great summer. Camping next week will be a blast! We scrubbed, and I mean scrubbed, the camper down on Wednesday. It was great fun, till Molli fell off of the top of the camper. The camper wasn't open; she and Sydney were on the closed top scrubbing it down, but she managed to cut her leg and get some great bruises. She was up and throwing water at us in fairly short order so I think she'll live :)

And now off to bed I go....day 1 complete!

No comments: