Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Right now, I'm furious. Can hardly find the words to type.

So this morning, it was 39 degrees. Somewhat chilly. I told the kids to grab sweatshirts as they headed out to the bus. Jonah was stalling and stalling and looking for his Indianapolis sweatshirt. I asked him why he didn't just grab his Michigan sweatshirt. He hedged the question..so I knew something was up. Upon further questioning he tells me that his social studies teacher informed him that her classroom was a "State zone". So she made him put a GIRL'S sweatshirt over his and wear it the entire class. It sounded like it was supposed to be a joke, but Jonah was obviously bothered by it. So much so, that he went to school without a sweatshirt on.

What would you do?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Misty said...

oh my gosh... That is the MOST ridiculous thing I've ever heard... Why don't people get how fragile kids are? Are you calling the school?

kelli said...

That's really sad and frustrating and I'm sure completely embarassing for your son.
I would call and get the story from the teacher. Then, let her now how Jonah saw it and how devastated he was. Then wait and see if the teacher apologizes to him.

As a teacher, I really appreciate it when parents come to me first before going to the principal.