Sunday, September 28, 2008

Alright I'm tired of looking at the pile of dog hair on here...so that means it's time to put an ACTUAL post here :) Yes, that is dog hair from our puppy Bo....and that's only from ONE side of him! I swear we could make afghans out of all his fur!

I LOVE my new addition to my blog which is the feedjit thingy. It tells me all of you who lurk here and yet NEVER comment. Makes me feel loved :) And Phil Blankenbaker, if you are still reading this, PLEASE leave me some way to contact you!!!


Update on the Kurtzs....

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY WE LEAVE FOR VACATION!!!! But I am not at all excited....he he! We head out at 4AM on Sunday the 5th for North Carolina. We're going to visit my brother and his family (5 kids too almost all the same ages as ours) at Fort Bragg. We get to see mountains and the oceans, both firsts for my kids...we are so excited!



We spent all day yesterday at my mom and dad's doing demolition. My grandma is moving in with my parents by Thanksgiving so we were starting the huge project that is her room/bathroom. My parent's house was built in 1923 and has all lovely plaster walls and NO insulation. So we ripped out all the plaster and lathe. What a mess!!! I must say we had a good time, despite all the hard work and sore muscles. Now we are one step closer to getting Grandma in!



Today Emma was invited to a birthday party at a local inflatable playground. So I, being the dutiful parent, took her. One of my newest pet peeves is buying birthday presents for other children. I don't know these children so buying gifts is tough. On top of that, I don't have $25-$30 to spend on gifts for other kids.We picked out some cool color wonder stuff and called it good. We arrived at the party where the birthday girl BRIEFLY greeted Emma and then they were off. It took me about 5 minutes to realize that the other girls weren't playing with Emma. She tried to follow them around for a while and then realized she was on her own. So I donned my socks and played with her. No biggie, it was actually really fun (and exhausting!!) Then it was time for cake and presents. I proceeded to watch this young girl open her first gift which she looked at in disgust and said, "I already have that." Her parents laughed like it was the funniest thing ever. I was horrified! She opened another gift and had the same response. There was one little boy that was a guest of the party and he had picked out a bat Webkinz for this young lady. She looked at it and said, "Why did you get me this?" Again, laughter from her parents while this little boy looked crushed. All in all, it was a pretty rotten party although Emma seemed oblivious to her obnoxious friend. She had a blast so I guess that's all that counts. But it wasn't exactly the way I wanted to spend my Sunday afternoon :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for vacation!!! I leave on the 11th of October and am so excited!!
That stinks about the party -- nice that the parents were laughing! I too can think of a million better ways to spend an afternoon.

kelli said...

I am seeing more and more children like the girl you refer to and it really makes me sad.

You're such a good mom to jump in and play!