Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I guess I didn't realize that I hadn't posted all weekend. We almost went stir crazy! We had 10 inches of rain over the weekend....I have NEVER seen rain like that. We discovered a lovely little leak in our roof in the process, good to know!

Thomas had a two day celebration for his birthday, because he is 2 you know! It was raining so hard on Friday! I walked into the living room, turned off the TV and looked at my children and said, "Let's go play in the rain!" They all looked at me like I was crazy. Then they dashed upstairs to put play clothes on. Thomas fussed as I took him out into the rain, but got over that VERY quickly! He found huge puddles and a stick and he was a happy man. We splashed and played and got soaked. It was a blast!















Then on Saturday we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's for a joint birthday party with Aunt Carol. It was too fun. Cake, ice cream, presents, margaraitas (not for Thomas of course!)...a great party. Plus, my brother-in-law was home for the weekend from training for the Navy. So we had a great time.

His very cool "Thomas" cake made by the fabulous Mindy

Blowing out his two candles

He actually did it!

Cake and ice cream rocks!

The birthday sharers share a sweet kiss

Matt thought it was hilarious to rub the black frosting on his teeth and try to kiss me! ICK!

1 comment:

Misty said...

creepy food coloring mouth aside, it looks like it was truly a lovely weekend! I can't believe he's two... Time just disappears when you're an adult.
I do have a question though... If he gets two days because he is 2, do I get 33 days next year?