Wednesday, September 17, 2008











I laughed...HARD..at my sister when she was literally gushing about these books. I couldn't believe that some silly, kiddy vampire books were that great. So I told myself I would just read the first one and be done with all this silliness. Just so I could say I had read it. OH MY GOSH! I LOVED IT! I blew through it and New Moon in two days. Now I am literally CHEWING my nails off to get the third one that I have to wait for a t the library. I've totally considered going to buy it just cause....but I cannot justify the money as it's still in hardback. I am in love with Edward. Who wouldn't be, seriously? Who cares that he drinks blood or kills things???

The best part?? I got Matt hooked too...hehe. DON'T TELL ANYONE!


I guess I do have other things going on besides living in Forks....

Sydney started pre-K. There was much drama the day before school started, but I will spare you all the ridiculous details. It all worked out. She gets on the bus at 11:05, has lunch at school and comes home on the same bus as her older siblings at 4:05. We had a small scare on the first day when they put her on the wrong bus, but she was recovered without a scratch. So perhaps you have deduced that since she leaves at 11,I have only ONE child at home...ALL AFTERNOON! It's so weird! Thomas has lunch and goes down for a nap. I'm still trying to decide the best way to use these 3-4 GLORIOUS hours of quiet. Suffice to say, when I get Eclipse, that is what I will be doing until it's done. Here's a pic of Sydney from her first day to finish my ramblings...




3 comments:

Misty said...

Fun stuff...
So, back to forks...
Eclipse is my favorite. (next to Twilight) I can mail you mine as long as you mail it back. (I'm a stickler for keeping books) and, as you mentioned, it's hardcover... It could be there sooner than the libraries. Let me know.

I love Edward too. And it isn't his fault. Was New Moon the one where Carlisle addresses the possibility of salvation for vampires? I really liked that chapter...

(and as long as Matt's secret is just between us, let me tell you that Chris obsessively listens to the audio books during his commute.)

Mrs. Hawk said...

Hey Mandy - I have a request of you!!! :) Can you send me an email through my site so that I can tell you what it is? THANKS GIRL!

Anna B said...

I'm so glad you have experienced the Twilight phenomenon.