Monday, February 04, 2008

It's Monday...a new week. I wonder if this week will be comprable to last week...it would have to be a doozy to beat last week...please God no!

I've hit the winter blue wall. I'm sick of the snow, sick of the cold, sick of eating everything in sight, sick of being home....you get the picture. This isn't unusual for me..I hit it every year. I think the amount of snow days we've had recently have made it harder too. I hate for my kids to see me grumpy. But it's hard to pretend for them too....here's to hoping that February flies by and March brings warmth!!

Everyone else seems unaffected by the weather. The kids have created new sledding runs all over the yard...can't believe how grateful I am for this house and yard! We updated some things at the house with the help of our tax return. We cut some more walls which was very fun. I'll post pics soon. It feels so great to have a home that is your own where you feel like everything you do is to improve that place. It's a great feeling. Jonah is still in basketball camp on Saturdays and recently scrimaged during the halftime of the high school's game. It was so great to see him out there playing. He seems to really enjoy it and has picked up the concepts fairly quickly. God help me, we're gonna do the sports thing! Hopefully he'll get lots of help from others as my athletic ability is slim to none! Thomas has yet to walk, we're going on 17 months and I am terribly tired of carrying him. He has taken a few steps, but then plops down and super crwals everywhere. I'm praying he walks in time for kindergarten!

So there's a Kurtz update....here's to an uneventful week!!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I am there with you. Sick of the snow (of which Idaho has had unheard of amounts) and yet incredibly grateful for a big yard!!! I never knew...

I gave you a blog award, my friend...

Mrs. Hawk said...

Snow doesn't bother me too much, but it's the days on end of gray clouds. I need some sunshine! Feelign your pain here in MN!