Monday, February 18, 2008

Dear Jonah,

Nine years ago today, I met you. Your birth was long anticipated and exciting. I remember feeling that that day would change my life...and it did. The moment they placed you in my arms I knew I would love you forever.

Then you started to grow. Strangers would comment on what a beautiful child you were. You were beautiful inside as well, always making Daddy and I laugh. You grew some more and we added sisters to your life, both to your joy and your dismay :) You "helped" me so much with them..like always getting into trouble just out of my reach while I was breastfeeding, or teaching the girls how to do naughty things. All the time, you were growing and changing.

Your next huge milestone was school. I'll never forget that first day of kindergarten, the teachers having to pry you out of my arms and you and I crying. I knew that that day changed everything all over again, you were a school kid.

I watched you grow and change, grow and stay the same. This past year, you finally got the brother you always wanted and have proved that there is such a special bond between brothers. I love to watch the two of you together.


Photobucket







Even as you grow and change, my son, and even when your progression in age provides new challenges, my love for you continues to grow. Many times I glance at you and I can still see that little bundle that was placed in my arms 9 years ago. You make my heart sing, Jonah man.You bring me joy. I love you with all my heart and I am so proud to be your mommy. Sorry...Mom. :)


Photobucket

No comments: