Friday, February 15, 2008

Here I am, complaining that no one has updated their blogs...don't they know I check daily to see what's going on in everyone else's life?? THen I looked at the date on my own blog...oops. I've looked at it every day wishing I had something blog worthy...life is just life. No big anything. But since you've already started to read, I guess I'll blog about nothing :)

I was watching Brothers and Sisters last week and there was a question that was asked that resonated into my very being. The question was, How are YOU? Not your kids...you. When people ask me how I am I usually respond, good..or the kids are sick, or they're doing well. School is good, basketball is good. Almost every time, it has to do with how my family is as opposed to myself. How often do I do that? Most times I think people ask it out of politeness, not because they really care to know. Is that why the casual answers? Something to ponder...

I am ashamed to admit this but I am sick of the sound of coughing! My children have been sharing colds for the past few weeks and I am sick of that sound. What awful mother admits to being annoyed at the sound of her own child coughing???? Me, I guess. But when one of them coughs every 5 minutes for 48 hours straight....AHHHHHHHHHHH!! I just can't handle it! I hate winter....

But today I have reclaimed it and have thrown open windows (despite the 34 degree temperatures) washed all bedding. loveys, etc. and am wiping everything with Chlorox wipes. I must get rid of the ickiness in my house. Matt commented that he missed hearing the birds sing. Me too...I miss it all. And in my opinion, it better hurry up and get here!!!

3 comments:

Misty said...

you should just get a google reader, Mandi. Then you won't have to check in all of the time. Just subscribe to a blog and check the reader. It will tell you who has posted and who hasn't. :)

kelli said...

I admit it Mandi, I am the worst when my family is sick. When my kids or husband are sick, it can seem like such a burden and it takes every ounce within me to have compassion. I have gotten better over the years, but the "in sickness and in health" thing is a tough one for me. Now you don't feel so bad, right?

True_Floridian Momma said...

I LOVEEEEEEEE that show, I mean I am completely addicted to it!!!

I LOVED that question too!!