Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've read several posts lately of others being ill and on and so forth. We've had our fair share as well, we had to rush Thomas to the ER with a temp of 105.3 to discover that he had RSV. All is well now and everyone remained fairly healthy. Until Saturday...

I awoke with serious chills. Matt and I sleep with the window open in our room as it gets WAY too hot in there with the heat on. (No, this is not a metaphor to our sex life) Anyway, I assume dit was because of the window...until I tried to stand up. I was so completely dizzy and weak and my nose was dripping. I immediately sat back down. Long story short...I was sick. Thankfully, Molli was with my mom and Jonah was able to take care of the girls and Thomas while I stayed in bed. I barely managed to get to te bathroom and back a couple of times. I put Thomas down for a nap and walked Jonah through making mac and cheese for lunch. Finally Matt arrived home and took over things. It was awful, I can't remember the last time I felt so miserable. Of course on Sunday I felt better so I decided to, not only go to church, but to go to my mom's for dinner and an Oscar party. Right after the award for best supporting actress, my chills came back. I'm such an idiot. And so I spent Monday trying to cope with life and being sick.

I'm grateful to report that I am feeling much better today and my husband threatened me with my life if I didn't "stay on my butt" today. He knows me too well. I didn't do too much...just some laundry....and some picking up...and shoveled the driveway. But I'm ok....

Dear God,
If ever there were a time that we needed Spring....it's now. Just thought I'd tell you.

Sincerely,
Mandi

2 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

Hey Mandi,

Caleb woke up vomitting this morning. He seems better now, but it's definately going around.....yuck

how are you all doing there? hopefully better

Felecia said...

Sorry to hear that you've been hit with this bug! Our friends' newborn just spent 2 weeks in the hospital with RSV and on top of it, each of the parents had to deal with the stomach flu (at the same time). Long story short, it's unanimous...we're all ready for spring!!