Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's amazing to me that you can blink and days sweep past you. This never fails to hit me on the kid's birthdays....you stop and wonder when they stopped wearing diapers, stopped eating random non-food items, stopped needing you every second. but it's never more real to me than when I have an infant. The first weeks of their little lives fade together and before you know it they are two weeks old. The last two weeks I was pregnant lasted an eternity and yet, as soon as he was born, I blinked and now it's already been two weeks! His looks are already starting to change, from the newborn preciousness into the adorable infant. And somehow it's sad to me....a deep realization that time waits for no man.

Life continues to press on, we've gotten quite accustomed to getting everyone up and out of the door for school every day. Life seems to be settling into a pattern, which is somewhat comforting. I spent nine months waiting for this month to be here and now it's come and gone. Sunday it will be October.....good grief.

Here are a few more pics of my little man, you guys are going to get very tired of looking at pictures of my son, I can tell :)


Here's Syd...looking very bored by holding her brother



My sweet boy


Jonah, who still tells me every day how awesome it is to have a brother




And for something a little different, our kitties latest hang out spot, a gift bag!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Infants and kittens are you trying to kill us with cuteness. Everyone is looking so good and healthy. I am glad you are settling in to the schedule, you are amazing.

Felecia said...

...must...resist...wanting...a baby...of my own!!!

(Your powers are strong!)

eyes_only4him said...

aww, he is so sweet..

looking at him makes me glad I am not pregant..he is cute, but I see a lot of work there..I am much to lazy for that:)

Mrs. Hawk said...

Such a cute baby! I love Sydney's expression. Classic.

I want a kitten :)

Cliff said...

Having children makes it easier to realize the passing of time will not go away. They will carry on. That's as it should be. They'll look back and be thankful for such a good Mom.
Syd is going to have trouble getting any cuter than that. Wow Adorable children, all of them.