Monday, September 11, 2006

No, I have not had this baby yet. I think he's setting up an apartment in there and he'll come out around the age of 18 or so....

My husband however is getting lots of practice. Yesterday afternoon, he ran out to the car to grab a book for me. As he was out there, he heard a woman across the street yelling for help. He ran over and peered into her house and she was on her hands and knees. He asked if she was ok. She rolled over onto her back and asked Matt to get her shorts off. Matt was really confused at this point. It was then he saw a little baby head crowning. He kneeled down just in time to catch this little boy as he entered the world. Matt sent the onlooker man (not sure his relationship to the woman) to get a clean towel. He rubbed the baby so he was fussing, cleaned out his mouth and spoke to the 911 woman who was on the phone. He held the baby till the ambulance arrived and the paramedic took over. He came home, covered in blood and on a total adrenaline rush. I decided(after I got over being angry that he was out delivering stranger's babies and I couldn't even go into labor)that that is definitely a creative way to meet your neighbors. So here's to Dr. Matt....our local hero.

8 comments:

Karin said...

Wow your hubby is the coolest. How many other men would deliver another womans baby when his own wife was very pregnant. That neighbor owes you guys big time.

eyes_only4him said...

wow...

Mrs. Hawk said...

I'm speechless! This is a story that you hear on the news! Not on the blog of someone you kinda know! How cool, yet kinda weird!

Felecia said...

I'm expecting to read about everyday happenings and you hit me with THIS?!

Needless to say, I my jaw is gaping right now! (Never realized you were a Dr's wife, did ya? )

"Dear Abby: My husband dilivered the new neighbor's baby yesterday. Do I still have bring a cake?"

Cliff said...

At the local party when someone tries to introduce them she will say, "Oh believe me, we know each other very well."
This was one great story!!!!

Misty said...

oh my gosh, that is seriously like the coolest story EVER... That poor woman, she had to be terrified... and why the heck wasn't the guy there doing anything???
even so, very cool... i guess after 4 (almost 5) kids running around, Matt just isn't afraid to try new things :)

kelli said...

man oh man, Mandi. Fires in your neighborhood, delivering babies...you guys are like super heroes or something.

Mindy said...

Wow.
Why wasn't she at the hospital again?
Hang in there. Don't go delivering your own baby on the floor, ok?

Matt, you are every mother's hero now you know! When I ask Jayson what he did today, I'm going to tell him you delivered a baby!