Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Update: Thomas and I came home from the hospital late Sunday night and all is well. We went back to the doctor on Monday morning just to make sure his numbers were still coming back down and indeed they are. Thank you all so much for your notes and e-mails of encouragement. This was a rough time for me, I guess hormones and all. But he is well, thank the Lord.

Other news: We continue to adjust to having five children. It really hasn't been too big of an adjustment. The kids are fantastic with Thomas..they really adore him. I was worried about how Sydney in particular would adjust but for the most part she just ignores him. She does tend to be a little rough when trying to love on him, but that's fairly typical 2 year old thing I think. I was also worried about getting everyone to school, getting ready in the AM, etc. But that has gone well as well. Thomas is such a good baby and so sweet. I can hardly believe it's been a wek already. I spend so much time just snuggling on him, I just can't help it! Emma started school last Thursday and with all the baby drama, I neglected to post pics of that awesome day. but blogger won't let me so next time!

And last but not least I am an aunt again. Landon Kenneth Kurtz was born today at 3:04 AM. So Thomas is exactly one week older than his cousin, pretty cool.

3 comments:

Karin said...

I am glad everyone is doing better and that you and the family are all home. I hope that now that Thomas is here your husband is out of the birthing business for awhile.

eyes_only4him said...

well I am glad to hear ya'll are adjusting well..

it seems going from one kid to two is hard, but going on from there, is a piece of cake..and u make it look easy

not that I want 5 kds, but if I did, i am just sayin:)

Misty said...

glad to hear all is well... i can't wait to meet Thomas!
And congrats on your Nephew.. That is really cool! :)