Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Oh what to write that doesn't sound like whining????

This heat, oh this heat. It severely alters me. I knew it was coming and I was prepared...until Matt broke our air conditioner. Then I just snapped....like I knew that I couldn't survive without it. The implications are far reaching. He ruined the one that was in the living room. Therefore, we either sacrifice our bedroom one (NOT) or we take the one from the kid's room. Doesn't sound like a hard decision. But that means that now the children must sleep in the living room, which would be ok if it weren't for Sydney. She will not fall asleep without a closed door. Therefore she ends up in our bed which means that the precious little sleep I do get is now gone. I have to sleep in the middle to keep her feet away from Matt so he can sleep. Yeah, ok there's a mental picture for you...an eight month pregnant woman squishing herself between her husband and her two year old. Ugh. Not to mention that I have to get up four times a night....if I thought that was hard to do from the side of the bed, it's now impossible from the middle of the bed. Add to all of this the mother of all tension headaches (apologies to those of you who suffer from migranes. I know I have no idea what you suffer regularly, but this destroys me) So I just don't know what to do. I know the heat will break, but will I still be living? Will my family?

How many of you will come to my funeral? Amy, will you sing? Mindy and Misty will you take pics?

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

oh come now you big baby:)

the heat has been bad here..yesterday we topped out at 112..

today there is a nice breeze, cloudy skies and a nice cool 80 degrees..

r u jelous?

haha

it will pass, the heat wont last too long.

Felecia said...

You poor thing! I am not a nice person when it's hot and I am not even in your shoes:(

One of my remedies for falling back to sleep when it's too hot to breathe is sticking my head under an ice cold faucet of running watter... you can almost hear the sizzle of the water snuffing out your flaming skalp (what a visual, huh?) Oh, and lots of freezies. Orange freezies:)

True_Floridian Momma said...

can you make her a bed of pillows on the floor next to your side? That way she is still "with you" but not "with you" and causing you to breakdown squished between the middle of the two of them?

Let me know if it works....It works for Adalai when she has nightmares....