Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My birthday was as success, I turned 27 without major fanfare and too much drama. It was a wonderful day actually....I was awoken by my husband and son who had awakened at 5:30 to drive the 25 miles to a Krispy Kreme store to fetch me fresh donuts for breakfast. That's the best way to wake up I am no convinced and have told Matt that this is now my birthday tradition!

So instead of whining about how miserably pregnant I am, I decided to make a list of all the "normal" things I miss about my life....

1. Bending over to put on shoes and socks without passing out
2. Having more than two things that fit
3. Real jeans
4. Being able to quick run upstairs and fetch something without dying
5. Doing laundry
6. Getting out of a chair without a crane
7. Knowing that everywhere I go, people aren't staring at my stomach going, "Holy cow, she must be having triplets!"
8. Picking up Sydney
9. Sex (Sorry, but you know...it's just one of those things)
10. Fitting behind the steering wheel
11. Chasing after my kids
12. Being able to hold my bladder until I want to get out of bed, as opposed to it making my uterus as hard as a rock
13. And the things I miss the most....just the feeling of being a normal human again....normal emotions and proportions!

There you have it...things I am looking forward to and here's a dew more things I am anxious for...

1. Meeting this little boy
2. Smelling that new baby smell that cannot be duplicated anywhere
3. Breastfeeding
4. Watching my children with their new brother
5. Seeing Matt discover how much he really loves being a dad all over again
6. Staying in the hospital and having visitors :)

I could go on and on...

6 comments:

Misty said...

glad you had a great birthday! I can't believe how soon it will be before your little guy is here! wow...

Mrs. Hawk said...

Happy late Birthday, Mandi! I'm glad to hear it was a success - what birthday wouldn't be with Krispy Kremes! Ha ha.

Felecia said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! I may have to glom on to your newfound tradition too:)

True_Floridian Momma said...

Your day sounds like pure perfection, anything that includes Krispy Kreme is perfection :)

eyes_only4him said...

27?...your so young..

oh yes, your list of things you cant wait to get back makes me smile. I remebr those days..

well i know ic ant wait to see pics of the new boy...and I do love that baby smell..

Cliff said...

Happy Birthday. Great way to start the day with donuts, EH??
Funny that one of the things you miss is the what caused all of this. (9)