Sunday, April 30, 2006

Whew, have to stop and catch my breath. What a weekend....

First things first, Jonah starts baseball this week. SO all weekend we lived, breathed, slept, and ate baseball. He was so excited about his baseball stuff, I had to ground him to get him to take off his batting helmet for bed! He is so excited. His first practice is this Thursday. I hope I survive till then.

On a sadder note, our kitty is not doing very well. On Friday I noticed that he was not playing with his brother, which was odd. Every time Larry tried to wrestle, Bob would make this awful sound. Then, come nightfall, we couldn't find Bob. Matt was convinced that he had jumped out the hole in the window, I however, knowing that Bob is terrified of the outside, felt differently. We searched the house and the outside calling and calling and shaking the bag of treats. We went to bed resigned to the fact that he would come back in the morning. As we were laying in bed, Matt wonders out loud, 'I wonder if bob is in the bed". Now there is a corner of our boxspring where the fabric is ripped. Bob had climbed up in there. There he was, but we couldn't get him to come out. Even shaking the bag of treats which usually brings them running from any corner of the house wasn't enticing him. WE went to bed thinking that he might be deceased in the morning. Well he wasn't. We immediately noticed however that he has no use of his back legs. He uses his front feet and drags his others behind him. It's just awful to watch. I have a hunch that the girls did something to his hips. I feel just wretched and like a parent who is raising animal abusers! We've kept a close eye on him and he seems to be rallying a bit. More updates as they happen.

A day and a half till the ultrasound.....

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

i had a cat a few years ago who one day couldnt use her back legs..she had lost some weight and bam couldnt use her legs..i took her to the vet and they said she had something..( i cant remeber what now..sorry)..but she would more than liky die..well 2 less than 2 months later she died..

maybe you should take him to vet to get him looked over, poor lil kitty..keeping my fingers crossed he is ok;)

Misty said...

bless his heart... he is still so young. how sad...
I'm with bossy, call the vet and see what they say...
Genny just got new mattresses this weekend, and our hellion cat found the tiniest hold in the fabric, climbed up in it and ripped it all off. (of the bottom) it was the strangest thing...

Mrs. Hawk said...

Oh, your poor cat! So sad. Definitely call the vet. My mom just took our family cat to the vet and she has hyperthyroidism. Who knew that could happen to a cat!

Felecia said...

Can cats get hip displascia (sp?)? Poor little guy. Speaking from experience, that little hole in your bed is probably the best refuge he has away from the kids. Er... not that I myself hide in a hole in our mattress (just haven't found one big enough yet...) but my own boys can be so rough with our family (pooch) too.

Okay, I'm just babbling now. Off to the bedtime routine m'lady! Have a great ultrasound - I look very much forward to the news!