Thursday, April 27, 2006

Be forewarned...this post will be entirely random!

First of all, you guys all crack me up. The next time I post something from the past I will make sure the date is in very bold print!! LOL.

I'm finally starting to "feel" pregnant. I finally look like it and now the baby is moving lots so it's starting to feel real. My ultrasound was moved from Thursday to Tuesday so in 5 days we will know. I'm excited and anxious. I can't really explain this...it is just my greatest desire to have a boy. I mean there are the obvious reasons, like having three girls in a row, owning every pink thing ever made, dealing with the drama of having girls.....etc. Plus there's my Jonah. He so desperately wants a brother. He even asked me to set up the crib in his room so it would be ready for his brother. But I guess the most important reason, to me anyway, is my grandpa. This baby will have his name....it's just really important to me. Ok, sorry didn't mean to get all emotional. I was looking at pictures of Syndey's birthday party yesterday and there was Grandpa....the last party he made it to.....

I pulled an all nighter with Matt on Sunday night as I rushed him to the ER. He'd been complaining about back pain all weekend. And like the wonderful wife I am, I ignored him and thought to myself, "Yeah try being pregnant sometime!" Anyway, he woke up at 11:30 and I thought he was dying. My girlfriend rushed over and we rushed to the ER. We checked in at 12:06 AM and returned home at 8:15 AM. Yup That's roughly 7 hours in the ER. Now I know for some of you, this is not bad but normal :) But for someone who is in bed by 9PM every night, staying up all night in the ER with a dying husband is a big deal. I have never been so exhausted. Suffice to say, he is not dying. They suspected that he had a kidney stone, but it turns out that it is just a severe kidney infection. The doctor said scary things though like, "good thing we caught before it got into his blood." My response? "Ok, do NOT say things like that to a very tired pregnant woman!!!!" All is well and he is fine.

Alrighty then, think that's enough of an update. I'm sure there'll be many more emotional posts between now and next Tuesday :)

2 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

well for your sake i hope its a boy, but i just have a feeling its a girl:)

as long as its healthy I know you could really care less.

sorry bout the hubbys ER visit..hope he gets feeling better soon.

Misty said...

ahhh, late night ER trips...
there truly is nothing like them. is he feeling better? those kidney infections are not comfy... (they aren't really all that bearable either...)

wow. five days...
WOW!
can't wait...