Wednesday, February 02, 2005

So she found the scissors. She had cut it once and we fixed it, she had no bangs but from the back she looked like Dorothy Hamill. Then she found the scissors again (oddly they were right where her father left them!) THis time the damage was so extensive that I had to take the buzzers to her head. I wept and wept as I buzzed. She cried too and clung to me afterward saying, "Mommy, now I'm a boy!!!!" So I think it sunk in and we will not attempt to use the scissors again. But never say never!
The after Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I"m so sorry, Mandi! Evy found the sicssors about a month ago (it's on my blog, I'm sure you've seen it) and although we were a bit less scathed, I still know the feeling. Our's went something like this:
I was crying, which made Evy cry more hiccuping:
E: "don't hic-cry mo-mo-mommy"
M:"I AM crying Evy! You're hair! You're beautiful hair!"
E:"I will fix it mommy."
M:"You can't fix it Evy."
E:*Wail*
M:*Wail*
M: "I have to call your daddy."
E: (frantic) DON'T CALL DADDY NO! NOOOOOO!"
M: (sobbing into phone)"Jayson, Evy Cut Her Hair!"
Jayson: (lauging)

(I won't type what I said back to his laughter, you get the picture.)
but the princess crown picture is just priceless. And I think she looks pretty cute with short hair. Growing up My sister and I had haircuts we dubbed "the boy haircut" We remember it fondly now. ;)