Friday, February 18, 2005

Help!

OK, so I need some input here.....I jsut received a call from the lady who is in charge of the nursery at our church. Well let me back up a bit. Before we got to this church, there were a grand total of three babies. Of course, we showed up and quadrupled the population!! then we got a sudden influx of new, young families with young children. That is a HUGE praise, especially for Matt and I since we were praying for this. So we started having nursery issues. There are 15 children now between the ages of newborn and 4. It was decided that there should be three nurseries to adequately provide for these kids. Well staffing is a HUGE issue and there just aren't workers. So I received this call where I was informed that I would be serving in the 2-3 year old class for two months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so upset right now.....

My whole life right now is based around this age group. I eat, sleep, drink and breathe toddlers. I look forward to Sunday mornings all week because it's my interrupted time with the Lord and other grown-ups. So to have someone tell me that I will miss two months worth of church has me in tears. Am I just being silly?? Is it worth burning out moms to keep the children out of the service? Should I just suck it up and serve because they need me too? Do I run the risk of complete "mommy burnout"?? Please tell me what you think!!!!!

No comments: