Sunday, March 08, 2009

Guess what I just heard??!!?!?!?! THUNDER!!! I know it seems silly to be so excited about thunder, but it means that spring really will come eventually. It's also pouring rain, and I don't mean a gentle soaking rain, I mean a flash flood sort of rain. But anything is better than snow, so BRING IT ON!!

As we were getting ready for the cruise, a few friends suggested that we go tanning to get a nice base tan so we didn't burn in the bright, Caribbean sun. I have always felt that "fake baking" was silly and I saw no need. But, I certainly didn't want to be a lobster on our trip. So off to the tanning beds I went. I was very uncertain. My friends all told me to tan nude. Now, if you know me at all, you know that I am SOOOO self conscious about myself and the thought of being naked, laying in a bed was almost enough to make me leave! But I braved it and in I went. I must say that the warm lights and the way it made me feel were wonderful. I'm still not big on the naked thing, but I'm getting better each time. It has made my skin VERY itchy...anybody have any insight on this? We did switch tanning lotions and that has seemed to help. With any luck, I will have a healthy glow by the time we leave in.......

6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay I am going to pass on my "getting a great tan in only a few days on a cruise" plan.

Get tanning oil that is only 4 SPF. Put it on and continue to put it on every half hour or so. (If you skin doesn't look a little shiny it is time for more) Don't lay out with no oil of any kind, you will be that lobster you mentioned :) Don't stay in the sun all day long. Take a break and go inside or in the shade every so often. It has totally worked for me on each of the 3 cruises I have been on.
I am so oober jealous of you!! Have FUN!

Unknown said...

I have a little award for you over at my place :)