Friday, March 13, 2009

Final countdown

The countdown is almost complete. We are almost completely packed, groceries have been purchased for the troops while we are away, the house is coming along nicely, and I am still sane! I'm not quite giddy excited, my guess is that will hit sometime tomorrow. For now, I'm keeping busy and staying focused. I think my little man can sense that we are leaving. He's been following me everywhere and has been asking to be held and snuggled. We've told him that Uncle Joshie and Aunt Berber are coming to stay and he seems excited about that. It's hard to tell exactly how much he gets.

A lot about this trip has surprised me. My latest surprise was about our flight. Now, remember, I haven't been on a plane in 9 years..since before 9/11....so there were many new things. My first discovery was that we had to pay for our luggage...HUH?!?!?! As if the price you are paying to fly isn't enough, pay $25 per suitcase! UGH. Then, last night, as I was viewing our reservation online, I noticed we didn't have assigned seats. Come to find out, you have to PAY if you want seats together!!! I am SOOO glad I found this as we would have gotten onto our flight and I wouldn't even have been able to sit with Matt!!! Ridiculous. But I am going to stop complaining now because in 38 hours, I'll be on my way to a dream vacation with my wonderful husband!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh and don't forget you bag cannot weigh more than 50 pounds or they charge you for that too. Nice huh?! Have a fantastic time and take a ton of pictures so we can following you everywhere now! What until you get back he won't let you out of his sight for at least a few days. Good times :P

Mrs. Hawk said...

Love the airlines. Just love them. Be sure to read up on what you can and cannot take with you on the plane (as carry on). They are sticklers with that too! Have a blast!