Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shhhh.....it's so quiet at my house. And no, despite my previous post, I have not injured any of my children or locked them in their rooms. No, it's simply quiet. My three biggest kids are at the YMCA camp this week. They leave at 7:30 AM on a bus and return around 5 PM. Thomas goes down for a nap at around 12 and Sydney fell asleep on my bed. So it's so quiet. Indeed the only sound I currently hear is my own fingers striking the keys. It's glorious.

*note to self: ALWAYS pick the very last week of camp to send the children! It's just the outlet they need at the end of summer and a much needed break for me!


Things swirling in my head as I sit in the quiet....

I have all of my "big" presents for my children bought and paid for and stashed in my bedroom. This is a HUGE thing for me as I usually hit December 23 and panic because we have no money. Thank you Ebay...

I'm addicted to Ebay

Molli and Emma are getting American Girl dolls for Christmas, Molli gets Kirsten and Emma gets Felicity. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for them to get them. Matt has made me swear that I would not give them early. So tough. So instead I bring whoever happens to come over into my bedroom to show them the beloved treasure I have. Even the Comcast man....poor guy.

Jonah is getting Guitar Hero for the Wii...along with a set of earplugs, for my benefit.

Sydney is getting the Dora twin babies. I still think Dora is the most annoying thing on the face of the planet, but Sydney adores her. So I will swallow my bile and present her with this treasure.

I cannot write what I have gotten for Matt in the rare case that he will glance at this at some point, but it's really good too.

My birthday is in 8 days. I will be 29....wow that seems old. How is it that I still feel 18?? I'm bracing myself for my birthday to be very low key. The kids all have their school open houses that night as well as soccer practice for Molli. My mom and dad will be in GR with Noah so it looks like a non-celebration. I must state however that Matt is keeping the kids all day on Wednesday so that I can go to Grand Rapids and my mom and I can go out for my birthday. So looking forward to that. Plus, I've already received a gift. Matt bought me the new manatee Webkinz which is so cool!


5 weeks from Sunday we leave to head to North Carolina. We are SOO excited to see Tigger and Jill and all the kids. Plus we get to see so many firsts! The kids have never seen a mountain or the ocean and will get to do both on this trip. Can't wait!

Alright, well I suppose I should use some of this time to do something productive...or maybe I'll just read a book :)

No comments: