Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camp is over and we survived. I think the kids had a good time.....Jonah was a little reluctant to say he had "fun", but I believe it was slightly enjoyable. We went to Family Night on Thursday and saw the kids sing a song and then got free run of the camp. The big kids convinced Dad to go with them out onto the lake in kayaks while Syd, Thomas, Grandma and I watched. Sydney and Thomas went in the water of course...who can keep small children from water?? We also hit the mine shaft which is a huge, long slide that's buried in a hill. Yes, it's all underground. While I was content to sit with Grandma and watch the kids ride down this black hole, my kids were insistent that I try it. Well let's just say that getting me onto the sled thingy you slide down on was quite the feat and pretty much hilarious. The counselor in charge of the top of the slide and I were laughing so hard I thought I'd pee my pants! But I got down and it was....exhausting. But all in good fun right??

My quote of the week is from Emma (of course). This was said to me on Thursday night after Family night..."Mom, I entirely adore camp." lol

My excitement level is high today as I get to go on a double date with our good friends tonight to celebrate Matt's birthday. Yeah for grown up outings!!

No comments: