Monday, October 16, 2006

Well alas, the weekend was not what I had hoped for. We left Friday morning, despite the snow and went shopping which was very fun and freeing to be out and feel like a grown up. Even though Thomas was strapped to my chest :) He was so very good until we got to the camp. Then he decided that he did NOT like being away from home. He was very fussy all evening which made my quiet times impossible. God was on the move however and taught me things that I didn't see until later. Thomas cried for most of the night (my deepest apologies to those of you who were in our room!!) so Saturday was exhausting. He refused to let me put him down for more than 5 minutes at a time. So my personal times were spent just keeping him quiet so everyone else could commune with the Lord. The camp was beautiful though and we did have a wonderful time despite the obvious. Truly, there were times when I laughed harder than I think I ever have. Good memories.

Back to life though....here are some newer pics of Thomas....because I know you guys never get sick of those..lol.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

ok, I dont see any pics...did i suddnely go blind?

:)

Mrs. Hawk said...

Oh, Mandi, how stinky! Although it seems like you were able to make the most of your weekend. I'm glad that you got a chance to get away. And where are those pics!!???

True_Floridian Momma said...

can't wait to actually see the pics. ;)

sorry it was rough going, but glad you were able to get away and make the most of the time you had!

Felecia said...

The picture thing must have been a Monday problem, because I see then and think they're adorable. Kudos for recognizing those additional lessons in patience with your not-so-relaxing retreat.

((Totally girly side note: I love the wall color in the picture of you and Thomas shopping. It's kinda scary, but I'm searching for a room to paint as I type!))