Thursday, October 12, 2006

Today is the 12th of October...the 12th. This means that my baby boy is one month old today. I can hardly believe it's been a month already, where does the time go???

We awoke to snow this morning, actually I awoke to the phone riniging. I answered groggily and heard Christmas music blaring through the phone. My family has this tradition of blaring Christmas music when it snows for the first time. Actually playing any Christmas music is absolutely forbidden until the first snow, according to my father. Too bad for him that it snowed on the 12th of October!!! The kids were convinced that it was a snow day and they needed to make snow angels in the .000125 inches that was on the car!! However,I must eat crow when Molli gets home as I told here that surely we wouldn't get enough for it to stick. Well we now have roughly 3 inches on the front lawn....ah well!

Tomorrow morning I get to escape. We're having a ladie's prayer retreat this weekend. We're going to a camp in Saugatuck, MI which is right on Lake Michigan. I'm so excited. We're leaving first thing in the morning and shopping all day before the retreat starts. Matt got the days off so I can go. I have such a sense of anticipation for this event. I think God has big things in store. PLus, this is the first time I've been away in quite a while. Although, Thomas is coming with me. But he just sleeps anyway. Think God will mind if I breastfeed while praying?? :)

Here comes Emma's bus so off I go.....

5 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

SNOW?!?!?!? UGH, but I LOVE the tradition, that's awesome!!

Can't wait to hear about your retreat and my personal opinion is that God doesn't mind if you feed your little guy while praying ;)

eyes_only4him said...

we have snow too, not three inches, but enough..

have fun at your retreat.

kelli said...

THREE INCHES????? HOly moly! We got a dusting that melted everytime the sun would come out. Then it would snow again and melt...and snow...and...

I had some of my best prayer times while feeding my babes. There is just something so relaxing about it that I would just start praying.

Cliff said...

Keep the snow please.
I'm hopeful you will be 'refilled' on this great weekend. God be with you and yours.

Felecia said...

I hope you had an amazing time away during your retreat and that Thomas was good company (sleeping babies always are!)

Here's to making good use of (nursing) time and happy homecomings!