Monday, March 06, 2006

Very busy weekend. Saturday was Sydney's birthday...hard to imagine that she is two already!!! It was so beautiful here on Saturday, sunny and 40 so we headed out. We went to Kellogg Forest and hiked a little bit. Jonah gave us the laugh of the week as we were driving. He spotted a pair of fake deer in someone's yard. (sidenote: Jonah is obsessed with deer and hunting since his father told him that they could go someday!!) "Mom!!!", he yells. "There's a buck and a.....a.....a.......WOMAN deer!!" We laughed and laughed about that one! Then we headed to the Bird Sanctuary. It was so much fun. I took a video of Sydney dragging her bucket of corn while being followed by 25 ducks!!! I can't figure out how to post it on here so ah well! Trust me, it was priceless!! Then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's (my parents) where we did more outside and then took another walk. The kids were so excited to just be out of doors! Hurry Spring!

Then it was time for our Dora party. My very talented friend made another masterpiece cake which Syd was thrilled with! Dinner followed by cake, ice cream and presents rounded out the day. The kids were falling asleep by 7 PM after being outside most of the day. It was a great day.

Below are a few of the highlights, check them out!!

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

its nice knowing spring isnt far away..its been nice here too, but now the kids are treacking in mud instead of snow..

very cute cake..mindy knows her stuff...i am waning to take cake decorating class, but afraid I will get fat..I love cake batter and frosting:)..

eyes_only4him said...

oh and stay away from the whoppers..I just saw that on the side...those are heart attacks wrapped in foil:)

Felecia said...

What great pictures! And thank you very much for the reminder how how close Spring actually is; I hear it's going to sneak above 45 degrees today here in MN (perhaps I will get some good pictures as well!) So when you say 'thank you Mindy' - is that my cousin Mindy S. or your other friend??? I am in awe either way:)

Mindy said...

It's sad that 40 gets us outside and hiking, isnt' it? I want REAL spring!!!
(Happy Birthday little Sid!)