Friday, March 10, 2006

Again, my apologies for my absence, we are definitely on the upswing, I hit twelve weeks this coming Wednesday. HALLELUJAH!!!! Finally my life can resume some normalcy.

I'm sitting here consumed in thought. We got a phone call from my cousin and his wife the other day. She's expecting as well, due in July. They went in for their 20 week ultrasound and the baby has severe spina bifida. Please pray for them, this is their first child and they are crushed. They've been told that the baby might not even survive to be born. They are not believers, which is our ultimate prayer. I seriously don't know how people who don't have the Lord cope with devastations like this!!

Of course this has made me constantly rub my belly and pray for our little guy. Ultimately he is the Lord's hands and I have to trust that God's ways and his thoughts are higher than mine......

On to other things, I in the midst of packing as Matt and I get a mini retreat this weekend. There's a church ministries conference in Grand Rapids that we are attending. The kids are headed to Grandma and Grandpa Kurtz's overnight as we get to stay in a hotel.....ALONE!!! The kids are so excited about the time with Grandma Grandma Kurtz (as Molli calls them) and we are excited about a little time away, even though it's a conference.

Speaking of which time to fold laundry and finish packing!!

1 comment:

eyes_only4him said...

oh thats so sad about the spina bifida..really too bad..

have fun at your re treat..now go get your laundry done.