Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Seeing as my last post was before Christmas, I guess it's high time for an update :) Not that there's much to update, believe it or not :)

Christmas was really great. The kids were SHOCKED and delighted with their gifts and even though there were MUCH less gifts, they didn't care which warmed my heart. They got some great things, including a trip for my three oldest to see Beauty and the Beast the musical with my parents. Their first real theater experience...ahhhh....there's no going back now! I'm seeing many trips to Chicago in our future. How I pray they inherit my (and my parents) love of theater!! We rounded off the holiday week with a trip to Highland and a visit with Grandma and Grandpa Kurtz. Much fun was had, much Wii was played and many laughs were laughed :)

Now into a new year!!! Our pastor called us to fast and pray this month....as I cannot fast from food due to my little Liam (shucks!) we decided as a family that we would fast from the internet and cable in our home. It has been rough (well the internet part for me anyway!!) Not having immediate access to NECESSARY things like Facebook has been a challenge, but I suppose that is the point! It has created much more family time and much easier transitions to getting ready for school and bed. The kids ask occasionally how much longer we have to wait for "channels" to return....but they are surviving as well. So how am I posting this now, you may ask? Well, I've taken Tuesday mornings as my own and, after I drop Thomas off at school, I head to McDonalds for some coffee and some alone time, with my laptop :) I don't consider this cheating, the challenge was for me to not have it in my home where it's too easy to lose hours on the computer. So live on Tuesday mornings!!

I am feeling pretty well. I was surprised to be having some Braxton Hicks contractions already over the weekend. Guess everything speeds up a bit with your 6th pregnancy and old age :) Having a baby at 30 is so much different than at 22 :) Liam is getting bigger by the day it seems and the kids are loving feeling him kick and punch. Jonah is so excited to have another brother! We're all anxious for his arrival!

My favorite part about January I must admit is it's TAX RETURN TIME!! This is our favorite time of year, besides Christmas. This year holds no cruise, sadly enough :( But Matt and I are escaping to GR for a romantic overnight for Valentine's Day...well kind of. It's also when he'll be getting all his equipment for the Isle Royale Expedition. But I'll take the fancy hotel and the chance for us to get away alone before Liam joins the tribe, even if I have to endure Bill and Paul's!

Well time is up! Back to the land of no internet :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

it's really admirable Mandi. honestly, I love your fast. I think that fasting on these things may even be more pertinent than food and water... does that make sense?

felix de la cruz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.