Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dear Proprietors of Full Blast, the local water park:

We recently visited your park for the first time. We have lived in Battle Creek for 4 years now and have never crossed the threshold of your facility, although my children have long dreamed of coming. So finally today we arrived, tingling with excitement. The children ran to the pools, squealing with glee. My youngest daughter Sydney was unsure about the yellow water slide, but as we mounted the stairs, her confidence grew. She almost backed out as it was her turn, but a slight push and she was hooked. She spent the next two hours, going up and down, up and down.

Alas, the happiness was not to last as she went up to come down again. With the change of lifeguards, she was disallowed from going down with the claim that she was too short. I went up with her, sure there had been some mistake. The lifeguard assured me that she was too short, making her stand against "the stick". I know you must have standards but my daughter was 1/8 of an inch too short. AND SHE HAD BEEN GOING DOWN THE SLIDE FOR 2 HOURS! I would encourage you to hold fast to your standards. If an 1/8 of an inch is too short to ride the water slide then please make this apparent THE FIRST TIME she attempts to ride down. This makes for a very sad child and grumpy parents.

Sincerely,
A local mother of a very sad little girl

2 comments:

Becky Rozema said...

no kidding!

kelli said...

Oh, Mandi. I'm so sorry. Nothing sends me over the edge as a perceived injustice to my child.