Friday, January 18, 2008

I just wanted to repost this here for those of you who've asked for an update on Emma!

Emma and Sydney spent the night on Saturday with Aunt Carol. Sunday morning they went to Nonny's (my grandma) for breakfast. Emma and Sydney got playing a running game and collided. Emma hit her nose on Sydney's head. It bled for a while and got somewhat swollen but I didn't really think anything of it. Fast forward to last night....

We took her to the ER as she had HUGE clots coming out of her nose and profuse bleeding. There they confirmed what I had suspected, her nose is broken!!!!!


They did an exam and x-ray to make sure she hadn't fractured any of the bones in her face, but it's just her nose. They can't do anything for it, it just has to heal on it's own. She looks like she's been in a prize fight but did very well with it all. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. And leave it to the Kurtz's to always have to try new things!

P.S. Sydney's show and tell today was that she broke her sister's nose with her hard head!

4 comments:

kelli said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! When I was 5 I broke my nose roller skating across the street, I tripped over the curb and fell onto a fire hydrant!

I hope she's feeling better soon.

True_Floridian Momma said...

OH WOW!!!

So glad that it was only her nose (if it had to happen at all) and not bones in her face too!!

thanks for the update, I was wondering

Mrs. Hawk said...

Poor girl! I hope that she recovers quickly!

Felecia said...

The poor kid! And here I thought boys were the ones sure to send us to the ER on a regular basis! Glad to hear it won't take any painful procedures to get it all sorted out - just time. And maybe some ice cream:)