Monday, December 04, 2006

We had a great weekend. On Saturday we set up Mom and Dad's tree, which is huge as usual. The kids had a great time helping put on the ornaments and hear the same stories I used to hear as a child about each ornament. We made very sure that Sydney was kept away from the 100 year old christmas bulb :) IT was a great time of being surrounded by family. Then on Sunday, we dedicated Thomas. It was marvelous to have him surrounded by his family, my parents and siblings, my aunt and her daughter, my grandma, and Matt's sister. My dad started out by sharing why his name is Thomas, in honor of my granfather. He lost it and so we all were crying. It was rough knowing that he wasn't there. But the rest was beautiful. My dad sprinkled water on his head to symbolize the anticipation of his acceptance of Jesus and baptism. Then he put a small bit of salt on his tongue to symbolize when he would be salt and light to this world. It was so nice. I forgot to ask someone to tkae pics during the event, darn it. But here we all are afterwards...



Then Sunday was Molli's birthday as well. She had a great birthday and below are some pics of that. I can hardly beleive that she is 6.

1 comment:

kelli said...

What a sweet picture. I love the salt on the tongue symbolism.