Wednesday, December 13, 2006

After reading Angie's post, I feel silly posting about my day yesterday :)

Actually it was a nothing day. Did some laundry, some dishes. Thomas was fairly fussy and sleepy which is unusual for him. I noticed he felt warm so I took his temp a few times. It flirted right around 100 all day, nothing to worry about though. Around dinner time, he started feeling a little warmer. I took it again and it was 101. So we called the doc, since he's three months, anything over 100.4 they need to be seen for. So off to the ER we went. I hate going to the ER. Especially with something like this, but my mind was racing with all of the possibilities of what could be wrong with him. Well they took blood, from his tiny veins mind you....it was awful. Then they did chest x-rays where the put him in this contraption where his arms are locked over his little head and he can't move.....more awful. Four hours later we were sent home with a "some times babies get little fevers...." I'm so thankful that he's ok...when I grow up I'm going to create a super speed emergency department.

Seems like everyone has had some lists going on in their blogs lately so I'll do one too...(notice how I'm liking the dot dot dot things today)
My husband, who doesn't get frustrated when I call him 800 times about silly things
My Thomas whose smile melts my heart
My Molli who is singing her first solo this weekend, her voice makes me cry (in a good way)
My Emma who can go from laughing to crying in .098 seconds, cracks me up..she deserves an Oscar
My Jonah who has the most tender heart
My Sydney who just is herself and that is awesome
My mom and dad who are always there at the right moment
The memory of my grandpa, who was so much a part of this time of year. I miss him.
My grandma who loves us no matter what
My aunt who makes us all laugh and who loves my children
My brother Joshie who is all grown up *sniff sniff*
My Noah whose laugh seems to make any day better
My sister who always has drama to share
My friend Mindy who knows me...the real me and doesn't hesitate to call me on my stuff
My cats who continue to catch all the evil mice in my house....they're getting good gifts for Christmas.

Ok so apparantly, I am very thankful for people right now :)

2 comments:

True_Floridian Momma said...

How scary. It's so frightening when a newborn is sick and has to be taken to the ER. I am feeling you right now. I had to take both my kiddos in under the age of 4 months and it's just plain ole' scary. Glad Thomas is better and nothing major was wrong!!

Have a very merry Christmas!!

Cliff said...

I'm Glad Thomas is okay for now. I wouldn't like what they did to him either.
Great list to start Christmas off with. Nothing better than family. Eh??