Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sometimes determination is not a good trait to posses. Yesterday was a great example...

We had to change some sleeping arrangements upstairs. So I proceeded to move beds, well technically I only had to move one bed. But while I was re-arranging, I thought it would be a great idea to move the girls's bunkbeds. Why on earth I thought that was a good idea I do not know. Anyway, two hours later they were moved. There were several near death experiences but I'll spare you the details. Now the upstairs is spotless.... well for the next 12 hours anyway :)

There are also drawbacks of living right behind the church. Some days it's so nice to be able to just walk to church. then you have nights like last night....

Set the scene, it's 7:45 PM and the kids and I are walking home from Wednesday night church. We have to walk through this side parking lot and cross over this chain to get home. As I'm stepping over the chain Jonah lifts it to go under. It catches my back foot and I go flying onto my face. Thomas is in the car seat which goes flying. Thank the Lord that he landed upright. I peeled my self off the pavement and limped the rest the way home. Matt came home a little after this and had to dig gravel out of my palm and knee...ouch. I survived though. Then this morning I got out of the car to take Emma into school and I shut three of my fingers in the car door. That was more painful than childbirth!!!! Plus I had to hold it all in until I got back into the car. Yikes...

Alright off to get some more ice...

1 comment:

Felecia said...

Ouch! (And double ouch!) Sorry about your battle wounds - they are certainly the mark of a tough mom!

Congrat's on your determination; it feels good to get things organized (no matter how achey our muscles become!)